Site Address – 13-20 Settle Street, London, E1 1JW
Value – £650,000
Programme – 26 Weeks
Ciku Construction Services Limited were awarded the contract in Settles St by a well known London Main Contractor to carry out an enabling package to a unique Victorian building within a conservation area of East London.
There was also a 4 storey new build extension that was constructed to the rear of the site.
This project was very typical of the works that Ciku Construction Services are capable of carrying and consisted of the following:
- The demolition of a 3 storey section to make way for the new build extension.
- The design and installation of temporary works during demolition.
- The installation of underpinning prior to a reduced level excavation and lift new pit.
- The excavation of 8no. 3m deep bases to support the new steel columns.
- The reduced level dig for the new extension and installation of new cast iron drainage.
- The formation of a new ground floor slab and installation of holding down bolts.
The logistics for the project proved to be a challenge for Ciku Construction Services with all the excavated material being removed via a conveyor belt system and the concrete was pumped back onto site using concrete pumps.
The job was a challenge throwing up all the problems that are associated with inner city projects such as traffic and pedestrian congestion. There was also the added problem of a primary school being sited next door to the project.
Ciku Construction drew up a Traffic/Pedestrian Management plan and liaised with the local authorities which helped for a smooth delivery of the project both on time and to budget.