Site Address – 419-437 Hackney Road, London, E2 8PP
Value – £400,000
Programme – 14 Weeks
Ciku Construction Services were awarded the contract at the Mama Shelter Hotel, Hackney Rd, London to soft strip 100 rooms in preparation for a fit-out contractor to carry out a re modernisation to the rooms.
New cast iron drainage was installed by Ciku Construction Services in the basement where we had to saw cut through a 600mm raft slab and excavate below the water table. On completion we had to replace the waterproof membrane and the 20mm reinforcing steel using couplings prior to replacing the raft concrete.
There were also various cut and carve items carried out throughout the basement including the removal of a car lift and the area between basement and ground floor infilled with a new concrete slab.
The works entailed the following:
- The careful soft stripping back to shell of 100no. hotel suites.
- The demolition of various walls in the basement to make it open plan.
- The removal of the existing car lift and the installation of a new reinforced slab.
- The saw cutting of the basement slab for drain runs and manholes.
- The breakout of the drain runs through a 600mm reinforced raft using a Brokk robotic breaker.
- Excavate for new drain runs keeping the ground water under control using a settlement tank with a prior discharge licence from Thames Water .
- The Installation of new cast iron drainage.
- The replacement of a waterproof membrane within the break-out areas.
- The replacement of the displaced 16mm/20mm reinforcing steel using up to 4000 couplings.
- The formation of a new basement floor slab.
Ciku Construction completed the works both on time and to budget.