Site Address – 18-29 Mora Street, London, EC1V 8BT
Value – £750,000
Programme – 35 Weeks
Ciku Construction Services were awarded the contract at Judd House to carry out an enabling Package prior to The Main Contractor carrying out a new refit for office accommodation.
This project epitomised exactly what Ciku Construction Services are all about and encompassed all their strengths.
- The demolition of the entire concrete roof and other demolition cut and carves.
- The design and installation of temporary works during demolition.
- The installation of approximately 30t of new structural steel through 3no. floors.
- Fire protection to the new and existing structural steel using intumescent paint.
- The formation of an entire new flat roof using conventional joists and marine plywood.
- The reduced level dig for a new ground floor slab and drainage.
- The installation of new drainage.
- The formation of a new ground floor slab and installation of holding down bolts.
- The construction of new blockwork and brickwork walls in various areas.
The logistics for the project proved to be a challenge for Ciku Construction Services with all the excavated material being removed via small dumpers to wait and load roll on roll off skips.
Concrete was pumped back on to site using a mobile concrete pump. Ciku Construction drew up a Traffic/Pedestrian Management plan and liaised with the local authorities which helped for a smooth delivery of the project both on time and to budget.